Mathematica Administrative Assistant in Washington, District Of Columbia
Mathematica Policy Research is a nationally recognized, nonpartisan research organization that conducts social policy research on healthcare, nutrition, welfare, education, disability, and other related topics. Our mission is to improve public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on the work we do for our clients, which include federal, state, and local government agencies, as well as private foundations.
We currently have openings for administrative assistant positions in our health research business unit. As an administrative assistant, you will be part of our research team in either our Washington, DC or Woodlawn, MD office locations. We offer employees a stimulating, team oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as advantages of employee ownership.
As an administrative assistant, the responsibilies of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collects, compiles, and prepares data and information for reports and correspondence, requiring information search and knowledge of the operations and activities of the company and business unit
- Receives visitors, answers phone calls, assists with candidate interview process, and reviews inquiries involving high level contacts within and outside the company
- Performs administrative duties specific to business unit and department project work/needs
- Maintains appointment schedule and arranges for meetings and conferences
- Manages and tracks business unit and department forms
- Assists with reconciling office reports
- A high school diploma or GED
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in high level secretarial or administrative positions
- A combination of equivalent education and work experience may be substituted for the above requirements
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Maturity and judgment in dealing with confidential and/or sensitive matters
- Accuracy with work, strong organizational skill, and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with others
- Flexibility to handle multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadline pressure
- Healthcare interest or background is a plus
Available locations: Woodlawn, MD; Washington, DC
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.