Danaher Corporation Quality Assurance Engineer in Timonium, Maryland
Danaher Company Description
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visitwww.pall.com/green.
QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER
Major Function: The direction, coordination and interaction of the Quality Assurance functions within the respective production facilities to produce the highest level of quality workmanship at the minimum cost. Promote continuous improvement by coordinating accurate and timely assessments of activities affecting quality and customer satisfaction. Perform independent and objective monitoring of manufacturing and service processes. Identify nonconformance and systemic failure, recommend corrective / preventive action. Assist in training of personnel in company operations and customer requirements. Promote high performance within the Quality department by providing a focus and supportive infrastructure to facilitate the pursuit of excellence
Skills and Responsibilities
- Familiarity with Statistical Process Control (SPC), Process Capability Analysis
- and Design of Experiments (DOE).
- Ability to lead the plant SPC initiative to improve process capability, evaluate metrology and conduct GRR studies. Six sigma black belt or green belt preferred
- Ability to work with suppliers for continuous quality improvement
- Familiarity with ISO 9000:2015 requirements
- Ability to interface with customers and participate in on-site customer audits
- Participate as a member of the plant management team in the development of short and long- term plans from a quality perspective.
- Provide input and guidance in interpreting and incorporating Quality policy and procedures.
- Maintain effective open communication with Plant Management Team and operations.
- Direct Quality functions of incoming, in-process and outgoing audits.
- Initiate and participate in meetings for Quality issue review and resolution.
- Prepare, maintain and update Quality programs with appropriate approvals.
- Participate with appropriate company functions (e.g., Mfg., Eng., etc.) for the diagnosis and resolution of Quality related problems
- Insure that materials, processes and procedures are in compliance
- Issue Quality reports which provide timely Quality information, documentation and data
- Create a positive Quality environment with active communication, training and staff development within the department.
- Ability to conduct internal and external process, product and procedural audits.
- Experience with tool and equipment calibration.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all functional areas to assure acceptable product quality and service.
- Associates Degree in Life Sciences or Engineering (Biology, Chemistry, Mechanical, etc.)
- 5 years Quality Assurance leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelors Degree in Life Sciences or Engineering (Biology, Chemistry, Mechanical, etc.)
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-MD-Timonium
Req ID: GEN000334