ALEX Alternative Experts Construction Project Manager in Laurel, Maryland
ALEX – Alternative Experts, LLC (ALEX) was founded in 2007, and headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia. ALEX is an 8(a) woman-owned, award-winning and trusted solutions provider and partner. We provide scientific, technical and professional services, specializing in rapidly staffing and managing mission critical programs for both government and commercial organizations. We are the perfect fit for the future.
ALEX Alternative Experts is now hiring a Project Manager for a client. Core responsibilities are the following:
Contract Management -Responsible for the complete management of the customer contract including compliance with all Terms & Conditions, adherence with all notice provisions, Change Order Management and forecasted cost to complete and resulting margin.
Required Project Standards -Complete compliance with RPS requirements.
Schedule Management - Proper management of the scope of work in accordance with the customer’s schedule, as amended from time to time. Proper notice is to be issued due to contractual impacts.
Transition Meetings -Assemble agenda, the proper team resources (sales, estimators, planners, superintendent / foreman) for a complete Transition Meeting from Sales to Operations.
Labor Management-Working with the assigned superintendent or foreman, provide the proper labor breakdown, enter all hours and cost breakdowns into the client systems, proper assembly and submission for Wednesday Two-Week-Look-A-Heads and attended weekly, foreman's Start-of-Shift (SOS) huddle.
Customer Management-The goal is high quality work within adjusted budget and schedule leading to repeat business. Repeat business opportunities presented to the Project Manager is the ultimate goal. This assumes the customer values the services and we have decided to work with them in the future.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in construction related to building systems.
- 3-5 years of work experience in the Construction industry with preferably a Mechanical/Electrical background.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local building codes and construction laws.
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to manage, develop, and motivate people to achieve desired performance.
- Proven ability to build relationships with our customers, vendors, partners, and employees.
- Completed OSHA 30 hour and “IIF in Action” training.
- Active participation and leadership in the Incident and Injury Free (IIF) program.
- Redeem the overall project estimate and maintain or improve project gross margin.
- Establish and implement a project management information control system using standard tools or the General Contractor / Construction Manager’s system.
- Protect client’s interests and legal rights during the execution of the project with timely documentation and communication with our customer, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Manage the on-site customer relationship with an objective of securing future repeat business.
- Purchase and issue contracts and purchase orders to subcontractors, equipment providers, material suppliers, etc., in accordance with client purchasing guidelines and Limits of Authority.
- Manage the engineering resource (LEDS) on design-build or team construct projects
- Manage, schedule, and track client’s coordination and planning efforts to maximize overall productivity.
- Proactively manage all changes to the project scope, schedule, productivity, and cost impacts in full compliance with the project’s contract terms and RPS to maximize our profitability.
- Establish labor plans with activities broken into manageable segments; produce target reports for productivity; and maintain progress drawings.
- Manage the commissioning resource for successful completion in accordance with our contractual obligations and minimum requirements of RPS.
- Forecast and verify the costs, revenue, and gross profit of the project at least monthly to accurately portray the project’s expected financial outcome.
- Present any and all cost impacts, potential risks, and opportunities during monthly branch reviews.
- Manage project cash flow to achieve a continuously positive NC-GP with an appropriate Schedule of Values, maximized monthly billings, and timely payment collections.
- Effectively manage the job completion and final acceptance process to ensure customer satisfaction; Confirm and document warranty start and finish dates; Assemble required as-built documentation and manual.
- Participate in a project pursuit by providing input for logistics plans, execution strategy, prefabrication, offsite applications, self-performance / subcontracting plan.
- In repeat business opportunities with an assigned customer, participate in all efforts to secure the new business in concert with the other sales, engineering and estimating support services.
- Participate in a leadership role in the Peer Review process to maximize the value of the Peer Review including the management of all follow up action items.
- Effectively train and develop subordinates through coaching, training, and mentoring with an encouragement to participate in learning opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field OR5-7 additional years of experience in the industry
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Applicants must be able to perform the essential functions of the job.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to allow employees to meet the essential functions of the job, unless those accommodations cause undue hardships on the employer. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department at HumanResources@alexinc.com.
Woman-Owned SBA 8(a) Certified Small Business
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Affirmative Action Employer
Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are highly encouraged to apply
Location: MD - Laurel
Job Code: 977
# of openings: 1
Location: Laurel, MD
Job Title: Construction Project Manager