Sirius Computer Solutions Sr. NetApp Storage Engineer (SME) - TS/SCI required in Dahlgren, Virginia
SR. NetApp STORAGE ENGINEER (SME)
Force 3 has an urgent and immediate need for a performance-drivenNetApp and Data Storage SMEto join our prestigious Residency Services practice. Our Residency Services has been experiencing tremendous growth and we need someone who is highly technical andcanDesign, Deploy and Support NetApp’s Storage Area Network architecture and solutions.
But first, who is Force 3? Force 3 isTHEnetwork security company. We provide infrastructure services to design, deploy, support and maintain our clients’ technology needs. This includes collaboration, compute and wireless.
As aSTORAGE ENGINEER (SME), the individual will field NetApp Storage Area Network architecture and solutions, in the form of administration, modifications, and upgrades for a subordinate DOD command customer of Force 3 in Dahlgren, VA.
The individual must be familiar with NetApp hardware and software products, technologies and concepts. You will be responsible for the direction of the customer to engineer, administrate, and securing various NetApp SAN solutions and applications.
To be effective in this role, you will need to be able to execute the following with autonomy:
Your specific duties as aSTORAGE ENGINEER (SME)will include:
- Install, maintain and improve system configurations and solutions, as well as monitor and audit system utilization, performance and problems.
- Full life cycle storage area network (SAN) administration, architecture, and support including storage utilizations/capacity planning and adjusting storage requirements.
- Perform data migration tasks from direct attached storage and within SAN environments.
- Design modifications and changes to the SAN infrastructure and assists in the implementation and documentation of all configuration changes.
- Evaluate new technologies and architecting solutions.
- Perform daily Storage Engineer activities including management, zoning, provisioning, troubleshooting, and debugging.
- Use storage management tools to discover, monitor, provision and report on the storage infrastructure.
- Participate in root cause analysis for significant problems and suggests clear recommendations for improvements.
Specific qualifications for theSTORAGE ENGINEERposition include:
Experience ofNetapp(FAS, File/Block) storage solutions is required.
Experience withNetAPPdata management architectures, includingcDOTand 7-mode respectively.
- Experience/Certification in one or more of the following: NetApp SAN technologies and applications - NetApp Certified Data Administrator (NCDA) OR NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer (NCIE).
Applicants selected need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information;
TS/SCI clearance is required
- 10+ years IT enterprisemanagemntor consulting experience, or demonstrated competency.
- 5+ years of experience with NetApp storage solutions.
- Experience with virtual environments
- Large enterprise experience is highly desired.
- Strong communication skills, strong documentation skills, and the proven ability to work in a consultative role to include requirements gathering, solution design, documentation, and training.
- BS in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Work location is based out of Dahlgren, VA
Force 3 is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions and selected applicants will be subject to a background check and/or government security investigation.
Benefits you will receive:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Ample time off starting with 15 days PTO and 12 Holidays
- Training & Educational reimbursement
- Awards: We celebrate and recognize our employees!
- Dress code: Business Casual dress at the office (including jeans!)
- Referral bonuses
- A variety of company social events
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- And much more…
Force 3 is a Cisco Gold Partner, IBM Platinum Business Partner, Dell EMC GSA Advantage Business Partner, NetApp Star Partner,SplunkElite Partner, Palo Alto Networks Diamond Partner, VMware Premier Partner and Tenable Platinum Partner, with offices in Crofton, MD and Herndon, VA.