Redhorse Corporation Systems Engineer in Arlington, Virginia
About the Organization
Now is a great time to join Redhorse Corporation. Redhorse specializes in developing and implementing creative strategies and solutions with private, state, and federal customers in the areas of cultural and environmental resources services, climate and energy change, information technology, and intelligence services. We are hiring creative, motivated, and talented people with a passion for doing what's right, what's smart, and what works.
Redhorse Corporation is searching for a full-time Systems Engineer to join our team of Joint Airborne ISR Data Transport professionals supporting a contract engagement with the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) in the Washington, DC metro area. The primary work location for this assignment will be both the Redhorse office in Arlington, VA, and Department of Defense (DoD) sites within the National Capital Region (NCR).
This project provides architectural, engineering, and technical support to the DoD Chief Information Officer (DoD CIO), Joint Information Environment Executive Committee (JIE EXCOM), and supported Global Combatant Commanders (GCCs). The Systems Engineer provides advice and assistance on how these team members should move forward with a Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (VCJCS)/Joint Requirements Oversight Council (JROC) mandated assessment of today's disparate sensor data transport infrastructure (e.g. Service, asset, sensor, and customer centric) in order to develop, propose and resource an operationally effective and fiscally efficient DoD-level enterprise equivalent/replacement.
Specific tasks include:
Analyze and document the pre-existing Service and PMO sensor data transport infrastructure solutions/architectures.
Assist with the analysis of a future DoD-level, Joint AISR Sensor Data Transport Infrastructure Enterprise.
Advise and assist the DoD CIO, JIE EXCOM, and supporting GCC's with the design for a future "best of breed" Joint AISR Sensor Data Transport Infrastructure Enterprise.
Assess current Service and PMO AISR transport infrastructure activities and functions.
Ensure other elements of the DoD are able to take advantage of this project's efforts.
Provide research and technical assessments to inform the DoD CIO, JIE EXCOM, and supported GCCs on new operational, policy, and technology concepts.
Provide program, systems engineering, and acquisition support to the government team lead for the Communications portfolio
Aid Service acquisition offices in developing (and coordinating) comprehensive Systems Engineering Plans (SEPs) for DASD(SE) approval
Maintain objective insight into programs' requirement performance and other technical metrics, schedule, risks, engineering management, production, integration, and other engineering discipline heath and status via quarterly (at minimum) engagement with the program office and contractor sites for the assigned portfolio.
Minimum Basic Requirements for Skills, Experience, Education and Credentials for the Systems Engineer include:
• Bachelor's degree in a related field such as engineering or information systems, and 8 years of related experience.
• Experience performing system engineer functions to include the planning and evaluation of design reviews (PDR/CDR), technical performance measures, program requirements, system engineering plans, risk, and schedules for DoD acquisition programs
• Demonstrated experience interfacing with the Combatant Commands, USSOCOM and its components in ISR operations, collection, communications, and analytic systems.
• Demonstrated experience interfacing with the Services developing solutions across the spectrum of C4 systems including ground control stations at the tactical and operational levels, especially relating to ISR and with recent operational relevance.
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of defense information management, information technology, information assurance and the related systems, architecture, policy, and operations.
• Excellent communication, collaboration, and presentation skills.
• Experience with presentation graphics and/or spreadsheet tools highly desirable.
• Current Top Secret SCI Clearance.
• Ten (10) additional years of experience can be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
Preferred Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Expert technical knowledge of communication systems (radio, networks, and telecommunications). Ideally expert technical knowledge of one or more of the following programs: WIN-T Inc 2, WIN-T Inc 3, MNVR, JTRS, JTRS GMR, JTRS HMS, JTRS AMF, JTN, MIDS/MIDS-JTRS, or other classified programs.
• Recent (within last two years) experience on Service, Joint, or Office of Secretary of Defense Staffs is highly desired.
• Experience working S Band, C Band, KA, KU, SARGAR communications.
• Experience with Office of Secretary of Defense is highly preferred.
The work environment for this position requires an individual to be able to:
• Work sitting or standing at a desk or conference table for extended periods of time (1-3 hours), with the ability to shift positions while working: sit, stand, pace, adjust positioning in any of those without issue
• Use a computer with internet access to complete assignments; communicate with co-workers, customers, and jobseekers; and perform searches in various databases
• Use a telephone to communicate with co-workers, customers and jobseekers
• Walk short distances in the office to collaborate with co-workers, attend meetings, greet visitors or retrieve documents from the printer
• Employ the social skills necessary for engagement and collaboration with team members, other co-workers, customers, jobseekers and other recruiting stakeholders without hesitation or intimidation.
• Ability to c
Redhorse Corporation is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
Top Secret with SCI Eligibility
This position is currently accepting applications.