Redhorse Corporation Information Assurance/Cyber SME in Arlington, Virginia
Information Assurance/Cyber SME
About the Organization
Now is a great time to join Redhorse Corporation. Redhorse specializes in developing and implementing creative strategies and solutions with private, state, and federal customers in the areas of cultural and environmental resources services, climate and energy change, information technology, and intelligence services. We are hiring creative, motivated, and talented people with a passion for doing what's right, what's smart, and what works.
Redhorse Corporation is searching for a full-time Information Assurance/Cyber Subject Matter Expert (SME) to join our team of Joint Airborne ISR Data Transport professionals supporting a contract engagement with the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) in the Washington, DC metro area. The primary work location for this assignment will be both the Redhorse office in Arlington, VA, and Department of Defense (DoD) sites within the National Capital Region (NCR).
This project provides architectural, engineering, and technical support to the DoD Chief Information Officer (DoD CIO), Joint Information Environment Executive Committee (JIE EXCOM), and supported Global Combatant Commanders (GCCs). The Information Assurance/Cyber SME provides advice and assistance on how these team members should move forward with a Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (VCJCS)/Joint Requirements Oversight Council (JROC) mandated assessment of today's disparate sensor data transport infrastructure (e.g. Service, asset, sensor, and customer centric) in order to develop, propose and resource an operationally effective and fiscally efficient DoD-level enterprise equivalent/replacement.
Specific tasks include:
• Analyze and document the pre-existing Service and PMO sensor data transport infrastructure solutions/architectures.
• Assist with the analysis of a future DoD-level, Joint AISR Sensor Data Transport Infrastructure Enterprise.
• Provide research and technical assessments to inform the DoD CIO, JIE EXCOM, and supported GCCs on new operational, policy, and technology concepts.
• Assist in the development of Information Assurance (IA) plans and policy.
• Provide information system security expertise for security controls and associated security control implementations.
• Analyze and define security requirements for MLS issues.
• Design, develop, engineer, and implement security solutions to MLS requirements.
• Participate in the configuration management process for security-relevant changes, collaborating with other cybersecurity specialists to address concerns, questions, and changes.
• Document and maintain the customer's information system security documentation (System Security Plan [SSP], Plan of Action and Milestones [POA&M], using customer required tools and processes Risk Management Framework (RMF) including creating security plans, risk assessments, and security test and evaluations.
• Perform risk analyses which also includes risk assessment.
• Assist in the DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation (DIACAP) and mapping to Risk Management Framework (RMF).
Minimum Basic Requirements for Skills, Experience, Education and Credentials for the Information Assurance/Cyber SME include:
• Bachelor's degree in a related field such as engineering or information systems, and 8 years of related experience.
• Demonstrated experience in cybersecurity, IT investment analysis, defense analytics, and information sharing.
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of defense information management, information technology, information assurance and the related systems, architecture, policy, and operations.
• Excellent communication, collaboration, and presentation skills.
• Experience with presentation graphics and/or spreadsheet tools highly desirable.
• Current Top Secret SCI Clearance.
• Ten (10) additional years of experience can be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
Preferred Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Recent (within last two years) experience on Service, Joint, or Office of Secretary of Defense Staffs is highly desired.
• Experience with Office of Secretary of Defense is highly preferred.
• CISSP and /or CISM certification.
The work environment for this position requires an individual to be able to:
• Work sitting or standing at a desk or conference table for extended periods of time (1-3 hours), with the ability to shift positions while working: sit, stand, pace, adjust positioning in any of those without issue
• Use a computer with internet access to complete assignments; communicate with co-workers, customers, and jobseekers; and perform searches in various databases
• Use a telephone to communicate with co-workers, customers and jobseekers
• Walk short distances in the office to collaborate with co-workers, attend meetings, greet visitors or retrieve documents from the printer
• Employ the social skills necessary for engagement and collaboration with team members, other co-workers, customers, jobseekers and other recruiting stakeholders without hesitation or intimidation.
• Ability to carry up to 25 pounds
• Work location may vary on occasion and may include working from Redhorse offices, corporate partner offices, government facilities and vendor locations.
• Local area travel within the DC Metro area will be required on a frequent basis.
• Travel outside of the DC Metro area may be required less than 20% of the time.
Redhorse Corporation is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
Top Secret with SCI Eligibility
This position is currently accepting applications.