Sallyport Global Sr Regional Practice Lead - Construction Mgmt in Alexandria, Virginia
WHO WE ARE Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 6,000 employees in 90 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
CONSTRUCTION PRACTICE Michael Baker International’s Construction Services staff supports clients by acting as their trusted on-site agent through all phases of construction, from pre-design to close-out, by providing qualified construction managers, inspectors, constructability reviewers, schedulers, estimators and safety experts. As new technologies evolve throughout the construction industry, innovative ideas are required to maintain and deliver successful construction projects.
The Sr Regional Practice Lead is responsible for leading growth and profitability of the practice in the assigned Region. He/she will ensure that technical capabilities and processes align and support quality standards for the delivery of services. The Lead is responsible for full P & L of the practice, maintaining existing client relationships, project management, generating additional opportunities with existing clients, and developing new clients. He/she is responsible for supporting strategic pursuits as they may occur within the national portfolio.
• Full P & L responsibility of the practice.
• Responsible for active coordination with Regional Directors (RDs), Office Executives (OEs) and National Practice Leads (NPLs) to ensure that technical capabilities and processes align and support quality standards for the delivery of services.
• Leads the development of capabilities to enable Practice and Market growth throughout the Region, and identifies the additional capabilities to support new markets and new clients. Actively coordinates with and supports the NPL, RD and OEs.
• Partners with OEs to infuse and grow national and regional capabilities into the local office.
• Manages all program management and value engineering resources in the region.
• Assists RDs and OEs in the pursuit of new business opportunities that require national and/or regional technical capabilities to be focused in support of the local office pursuit. This includes active client engagement and leading major pursuits as Project Manager. • Support the RD for potential international pursuits in program and project management, and oversees programs and resources in countries for which no international country manager exists. • Support the NPL in the development of strategic pursuits within the national portfolio.
Specific to managed projects experience
15 years related experience Education
Four-year degree in Engineering or related field, Master’s degree preferred
Some travel is required with this position.
Licenses/Registrations Professional Engineer
Title: Sr Regional Practice Lead - Construction Mgmt
Requisition ID: 180518