Leidos Military Planner Analyst in ALEXANDRIA, Virginia
The Integrated Mission Solutions Operation within Leidos, Inc. has an immediate job opening in Alexandria, Virginia for a senior-level Policy Analyst to contribute to a program supporting the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation (CAPE) Joint Data Support (JDS).
The Policy Analyst will participate in developing data about forces, units and associated equipment; use experience, subject matter expertise to assist with strategic and operational planning; participate in warfighting analysis; and research various military topics of interest to the United States.
Candidate will work with joint programs and strategic guidance to understand Service and COCOM responsibilities, track trends, mine data sets and make projections about the future. Analyst will utilize his or her detailed understanding of the data to perform analysis and respond to senior leadership inquiries and be capable of briefing the material.
Analyst will independently navigate complex problems, must have a willingness to learn new techniques and accomplish tasks through self-study.
Expert will develop executive summaries, coordinate materials, evaluate, post and disseminate products.
Nominee will facilitate workshops and support Service and COCOM representatives in the development of analytic products.
• Active DoD Secret Clearance (or higher) and the ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance
• Bachelor's degree in Operations Research or other related discipline and 8 years of related experience (additional experience may be substituted for degree)
• Strong experience and understanding of: Force Structure and Strategic and Operational Planning
• Recent experience with at least one of the following: Nuclear Defense, Cyber Operations, Space Operations, or Satellite Communications
• Competence in data manipulation and metadata development
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Military experience
• Initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision
• Project management skills
• Planning and organizational skills
• Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
• Ability to work well in a team environment and demonstrated leadership skills
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.