Grant Thornton LLP Conferences and Outreach Event Management Specialist in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking an Associate to join its Operations Transformation service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Manages the development, review, and approval of event materials, including but not limited to PowerPoint briefings, talking points, executive summaries, agendas, and other event-related materials. * Develop and submit travel packages. * Coordinate logistics for all involved parties. * Facilitate the review and response development of pre- and post-event questions. * Works with Client leadership and SMEs to gather content updates and information needed for event materials. * Coordinates with event POCs to determine content needs, logistical details, and other event preparation activities. * Collaborates with other members to develop strategy and messaging for various outreach events. * Maintains standard operating procedure (SOP) documentation to ensure standard practices are adhered to for all Client conferences and outreach events. * Delivers updates and status reports on a regular basis to Client leadership and team members. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Project management skill set, including the ability to create and manage schedules using Microsoft Project.
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple, simultaneous deadlines and schedules.
- Strong attention to detail and highly efficient; highly attentive to editorial standards and specifications.
- Strong ability to work in a team environment, but independently own tasks.
- Strong ability to communicate with Client staff and leadership.
- Proficient in Excel and SharePoint.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Conferences and Outreach Event Management Specialist
Requisition ID: 039094